Stir Fries are quick and easy to make, just a bit of preparation then a quick cook so the vegetables are still crisp. Most vegetables can be used, cutting them to similar sizes means they cook at the same rate.
· 1 Onion, chopped
· 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
· Vegetables – carrot, celery, pepper, green beans, mange tout, green leaves – whatever is in season
· Chinese Style Plum Sauce
For a meat version, chicken, pork or beef can be used, cut in to strips
· Prepare the vegetables first – you won’t have time once you start cooking. Julienne carrots, celery and pepper, slice green beans into 2cm pieces, leave mange tout whole for example.
· Fry the onion in the oil until soft
· If using meat, add to the onions and fry until brown
· Add the vegetables and garlic. Fry for about 5 to 10 minutes until they are just starting to soften. Add the green leaves, they will wilt in a couple of minutes
· Add enough Plum Sauce to coat all the vegetables when mixed
· Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce is bubbling
Serve with rice or noodles
A quick dip for prawn crackers
Mix some Plum Sauce with soy sauce and olive oil
Spare Rib Sauce
Mix some Plum Sauce with honey or brown sugar, soy sauce, chilli and chopped garlic, smear on to the ribs and cook slowly in the oven, basting from time to time, until the meat falls off the bone.